NOTE: This Guidance replaces the Policy on Face Coverings as of July 4, 2021. The guidance was updated August 4.
Face coverings are required indoors for individuals who are not fully vaccinated. They are recommended, but not required, for vaccinated individuals.
Face coverings are also required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
- Where mandated by State or federal regulations, including on TigerTransit buses and certain areas of McCosh Health Center.
- As part of a specific accommodation related to COVID-19 vaccination.
Face coverings are not required outdoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Individuals who feel more comfortable wearing a mask in situations where they are not required may choose to do so. The University encourages a culture of non-judgment and no assumptions regarding mask-wearing.
Face coverings continue to be available at no cost to students, faculty, and staff through the EHS COVID-19 PPE & Supply Request Form.
For more information about face coverings, please refer to:
- Face Covering Use and Care provides information on choosing, making, and caring for face coverings.
- A quick guide to choosing and wearing face coverings is also available as a downloadable pdf version.
- Ordering Personal Protective Equipment and Supplies provides instructions on how to request face coverings.