Computer/Electronics Management

All computers and certain other electronic equipment purchased by Princeton University must be turned over to the university surplus program, known as Resource Recovery.

If the computer is in working condition and depending upon the age and model, the computer may be

  • made available to other departments
  • donated to charity organizations
  • made available for sale to the public in the Surplus Warehouse
  • sent to an approved computer recycler

Computers and computer monitors may contain enough heavy metals to be considered hazardous waste. No computers or monitors may be disposed of via the trash.

For questions about surplus, contact Daron Groce at 609-258-2347. For questions about the hazardous nature of this equipment, contact Stanley Howell at 609-258-2711 or Steve Elwood at 609-258-6271.


Steve Elwood
Director for Research Safety

Resource Recovery