Mold & Microbial Growth Concerns

Damp indoor environments caused by water leaks, floods or high humidity can lead to the growth of mold and other microbial organisms. Uncontrolled mold and microbial growth and exposure to building dampness can be associated with respiratory symptoms. For people who are sensitive to molds, exposure can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation.

If you see or suspect mold growth in your building, report it to Facilities Customer Services, 258-8000.

Contact Environmental Health and Safety, 258-5294, if you have health concerns related to mold and microbial growth.



Meagan Fitzpatrick
Biosafety Officer

Shaundree Davis
Assistant Director, Environmental Health