- Immediately wash with copious quantities of soap and water.
- If eyes or mucous membranes are exposed, irrigate the area for at least 15 minutes at a plumbed eyewash.
- If an injury is life-threatening or you need transport assistance, call 911 from a University phone or 609 258 3333 from a cell phone.
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., seek treatment at University Health Services. Ask a co-worker to call ahead (609 258 5035).
- For exposures that occur during evening and weekend hours, contact the Department of Public Safety and request transport to the Emergency Room at University Medical Center Princeton Plainsboro.
- Report all exposures to:
- your immediate supervisor and Principal Investigator
- Principal Investigators are responsible for reporting exposure incidents to EHS Biosafety.
- EHS Biosafety will perform a follow-up investigation of the incident.