The Laser Safety Program applies to work with Class 2, Class 3, and Class 4 laser sources.
What topics are covered in Laser Safety Training?
- Fundamentals of laser operation
- Beam related hazards
- Biological effects of laser radiation on the eye and skin
- Non-beam hazards (e.g. fire hazards, chemical exposure)
- Classification of lasers and laser systems
- Control measures and personal protective equipment.
Who should attend Laser Safety Training?
Individuals who work with, or in close proximity to Class 3b or Class 4 lasers receive additional Laser Safety Training for High-Powered Lasers upon request.
How do I schedule / sign up for Laser Safety Training?
Laser safety is included in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) Safety Seminar series each fall.
General sessions are posted on the campus training management site - www.princeton.edu/training
Contact Steve Elwood at 609-258-6271 to schedule additional sessions.