Who conducts laser laboratory surveys/visits?
- EHS staff conduct periodic inspections of research laboratories at least annually.
- The focus of inspections is targeted based on the techniques and equipment used in those areas.
What criteria is used to evaluate the laser laboratory?
- Items specified in ANSI Z136.1-2007, for Safe Use of Lasers are reviewed including:
- Warning signage (Class 4 Laser Sign.pdf)
- Equipment labeling (e.g., class warning label, aperture, etc.)
- Confirmation of training
- Appropriate and adequate protective eyewear
- Barriers and curtains present and fire-resistant
- Non-beam hazards
- High voltage
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Chemical exposure potential