Only trained and authorized persons are allowed to operate an aerial lift. Training is offered by Environmental Health and Safety and includes:
- Explanations of electrical, fall, and falling object hazards;
- Procedures for dealing with hazards;
- Recognizing and avoiding unsafe conditions in the work setting;
- Instructions for correct operation of the lift (including maximum intended load and load capacity);
- Demonstrations of the skills and knowledge needed to operate an aerial lift before operating it on the job;
- When and how to perform inspections
- Manufacturer’s requirements.
In addition to the EHS classroom training, hands-on operator certification is required for telescoping boom lifts.
To view the upcoming schedule and sign up for an aerial work platform training class, sign in to the Employee Learning Center.