Before getting in to operate an articulated or skid steer loader, there are several factors to consider:
- Only trained and authorized employees may operated loaders. For more information, see Articulated & Skid Steer Loader Training
- Each loader's lifting capabilities and limitations are different. Operators must be familiar with the specific piece of equipment they will be assigned to operate
- All safety mechanisms and interlocks are in place and functioning properly
- Operators must perform a pre-operation inspection to ensure all equipment is functioning properly. REPORT ALL ISSUES AND DO NOT OPERATE MALFUNCTIONING EQUIPMENT!
- Ensure all attachments are fully secured and operating properly